CHECKLIST FOR OFFICER OF DAY
Arrive by 8.00 and spend 30 mins or so checking the following have been done:
At the Start:
• Has the Water Assessment been completed, board updated and looks reasonable?
• Have the boat racks, oars and blades been taken out of Boathouse and is access to Canoe Club and Rangers Yard reasonable?
• Visual check to see members are signing out
• Has a Launch Driver gone to bring in launches from their moorings? If not engage one in the task.
• Are coxes wearing lifejackets?
• If the Juniors have boated and started to pull away from shore is there a launch actually on water?
• Are there any new members or any individuals looking lost?..if so refer to a coach for a briefing.
• Have all crews that are boating checked that boat is sound, has a whistle and one crew member has a mobile phone with emergency contact numbers.
At the End:
Satisfy yourself that someone is going to at the end of the Session :
• Return the boat racks, oars and trestles to the Boathouse
• The launches have been returned to their moorings, keys/kill cords returned to the hook in Boathouse and empty petrol tanks returned to fuel store. No fuel to be stored in Boat house
• Turn the Water Assessment to Red
• Ensure place looks tidy, all empty bottles in bin, any left behind clothes in lost property box
• Turn the lights out
• Look around for trestles and kit left out, return them to Boathouse and then lock the Padlock
• Inquire whether there have been any incidents and if so who is going to report them?
• Ensure there are no Juniors left standing by Boathouse without lifts home